Provides general office and clerical support to the Emergency Assistance Program (EAP), which provides assistance to low-income individuals applying for financial assistance payments. Assists with EAP applicant scheduling, performs data-entry into the Homeless Information Management System (HMIS) database, and conducts eligibility pre-screening over the telephone for EAP applicants.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of progressive job-related experience where knowledge and abilities have been demonstrated, preferably in the Human Services environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point and other database operational software.
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted agency and community.
- Ability to organize, direct, review and evaluate activities and volunteers.
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Valid Driver’s license and willingness to use properly insured vehicle, preferred.
Schedule: Tuesday (8am to 4:30pm), Wednesday (8am to 12pm), Thursday (8am to 4:30pm)
Location: 2100 N. Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96819
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability