Member of a multi-disciplinary, field-based team responsible for ensuring consumers are provided with case management services. Conducts home visits to assess the consumer’s living arrangements for home health amenities, physical safety, nutrition, and hygiene. Acts as a liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process, including immediate contact of hospital staff upon inpatient hospitalization to ensure continuity of care and appropriate level of treatment. Assists the team with coordinating medical appointments, refilling medications and obtaining lab and other diagnostic testing. Assists the consumers in the use of available transportation and access to personal physician. Ensures consumers attend all psychiatric appointments, as well as, appointments related to goals on the IRP, providing transportation, as needed. Conducts health and wellness groups including Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) planning, Nutrition, Healthy Eating, Exercise, Smoking Cessation, Financial Skill building, as requested.
- Active, Hawaii Nursing License (RN preferred).
- Masters degree preferred, may have a Bachelors degree or Associates Degree in any field.
- The equivalent of two (2) years full-time work experience providing direct behavioral health services to consumers struggling with substance abuse disorders and/or severe and persistent mental illness & demonstrated working knowledge of cultural norms, values and issues related to cultural diversity in Hawaii and demonstrated working knowledge of the health/human services system and community resources of Hawaii.
- One (1) year working within the homeless services sector – specific to the needs of the chronically homeless substance abuse/mentally ill population preferred.
- TB clearance, CPR and First Aid, CPI certification.
- Valid Driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, and willingness to use properly insured car.
Location: Honolulu, HI 96822
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability