Plans and conducts outreaches related to the promotion and education of the SNAP program. Assists in developing outreach and education materials for potential and current SNAP recipients. Assists in training and educating partner agencies on SNAP eligibility and program policies. Conducts pre-screenings and client intake for individuals interested in applying for SNAP benefits. Promotes and recruits for volunteer positions at community outreach events such as job and career fairs. Frequent travel, including to neighbor islands, is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Psychology, Human Services or related field and six (6) months of job-related experience where knowledge and abilities have been demonstrated, preferably in the Human Services environment.
- An exception may be made for the above-mentioned educational requirements, on an individual case-by-case basis, if the candidate meets the following combination of minimum education and experience: High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of job-related experience, where knowledge and abilities have been demonstrated, preferably in the Human Services environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted agency and community.
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
Location: 2100 N. Nimitz Hwy., Honolulu, HI.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability