Handles all incoming inquiries/requests for information and services/assistance from Native Hawaiian individuals and households. Conducts initial pre-screening and assessment functions to assess further eligibility for program participation and refers potentially eligible applicants to the OHA Case Manager as appropriate. Data-enters Native Hawaiian participant data into an outcome tracking database. Works with the OHA Case Manager to provide referrals to social service agencies and other community resources for program applicants, and establishes a plan of action to pursue such referrals (as needed/required). Works with the Housing Case Manager in conducting outreach in low-income communities and with agencies serving low-income populations to promote our assistance to the Native Hawaiian community. Provides excellent customer service in person or via telephone to clients, vendors, community partners, and others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of progressive job-related experience where knowledge and abilities have been demonstrated, preferably in the Human Services environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point and other database operational software.
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted agency and community.
- Ability to organize, direct, review and evaluate activities and volunteers.
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Valid Driver’s license and willingness to use properly insured vehicle.
Location: 2100 N. Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96819
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability