Current or former recipient of mental health services who performs a wide range of tasks that are designed to assist consumers participating in the Community Based Case Management (CBCM/CC), with navigating services including, but not limited to, goal setting/planning and achievement, individual recovery/treatment plans, wrap-around treatment services, housing support services, and employment/vocational supports. The Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist (HCPS) will act as a navigator, and will work with the CBCM/CC team to facilitate their regaining personal control over their lives and over their own recovery processes. The Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist- Intensive Services HCPS-IS will be primarily working in the field with clients, and is not an office-based position. To comply with Hawaii Certified Peer Specialist and company code of ethics, confidentiality practices, HIPAA, safety and all other policies and procedures.
- A High School Diploma, or High School Equivalency
- One (1) year of experience providing direct services to individuals with mental illness or other behavioral health issues, paid or unpaid. Certification as a Peer Specialist in the State of Hawaii (HCPS) AND, Demonstrates some evidence of mental health activity in the past two (2) years (i.e. advocacy, volunteer, support group involvement etc.)
- Certification as a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Facilitator
- Must have strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent and continuous supports and services
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential
- TB Clearance, CPR/First Aid/CPI Certification.
Location: 2100 N. Nimitz Hwy Honolulu, HI 96819
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability