Are you ready for the 39th Annual Hawaii Visitor Industry Charity Walk? It is a statewide event organized by the Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association (HLTA) to raise monies for local charities that support the community.
SUPPORT HELPING HANDS HAWAII by registering to walk with us or making a donation if you are unable to join us. After registering, you can also rally your friends and family together by creating a personal Fundraising Group that supports our agency too!
CHARITY WALK DETAILS
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Breakfast begins at 5:30 a.m.
- Pre-walk activities at 6:30 a.m.
- Walk begins at 7:00 – 7:30 a.m. (walkers will be sent out in waves)
- McCoy Pavilion’s key hole area at Ala Moana Beach Park
Registration Deadline: May 12, 2017
- Click here to register for the walk or donate as a non-walker online and support Helping Hands Hawaii
- Minimum donation of $40 for adults (18 and older) and $25 for children (under 18, including infants) to participate. Additional donations are welcome!
CHARITY WALK LOGISTICS
Walk begins at McCoy Pavilion’s keyhole area, continue on a 5.25-mile tour of Waikiki with a switchback on Kalakaua Avenue near Kapahulu Avenue, down Lewers Street’s Beachwalk and ending back at Ala Moana Beach Park. Checkpoints along the walk include a variety of food, beverages and entertainment. At the end of the walk, participants are treated to a plate lunch and entertainment along with door prizes.
Limited free parking, on a first-come first-served basis available at Ala Moana Beach Park and Magic Island.
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT
Make sure you:
- Follow us on Twitter (@helpinghandshi) and like us on Facebook (Helping Hands Hawaii), then tag us in all of your posts
- Follow HLTA on Twitter (@HawaiiLodging) and like HLTA on Facebook (Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association – HLTA)
- Use the official hashtag, #HLTAcharitywalk, when promoting the walk
For more information, visit www.charitywalkhawaii.org. Then, click here to register and support Helping Hands Hawaii.